You may have read ‘the about me’ page, or you may not. Either way here’s a quick synopsis. I’m Kim, 30, mum to Evan, fiancé to Dennis, pregnant with our second child and a dog mum to Jasper our cocker spaniel.
I thought it would be nice to actually dig a bit deeper and give you more of an insight into me. Who I am. What makes me tick. Some generally useless facts about me. You’ll then know me better me a tad better and if you read my blog, it’ll be read and seen as I hope and intend, as a outlet. A place for me to monologue my thoughts, document and share my experiences, write letters to my children (which hopefully one day they’ll read), talk about my family and hopefully in the future this will offer me a bank of memories, remind me of my feelings and allow me to relive them once more.
So here are 10 things about me that you didn’t know:
1. I have a passion for reading. It is my way to unwind from the day and find tranquility and drift off to sleep. I tend to sway for an easier read (so I won’t be reading War and Peace anytime soon) as my brain can’t handle any more come the evening. Some of my recently read include ‘Kerrigan chronicles’ series W.J.May, ‘The Healer’ C.J.Anaya and ‘You Me Everything’ by Catherine Isaac to name a few and I would recommend them.
2. Like most 90s girls my middle name is Louise.
3. You’ll usually find me looking like a total disaster – this has been my general appearance now for a year. Messy hair, limited or no make up, joggers and my absolute favourite item of clothing my hooded blanket – maybe it’ll improve when we are allowed to leave our houses…only time will tell.
5. I have been with Dennis 12 years – 13 years in May – we got engaged whilst on holiday in Turkey 4 years ago. I was 18 when we met, so it surprises me that I was so fortunate to meet him at such a young age.
4. I love watching Netflix – just finished Bridgerton (you must watch if you haven’t already) – well films/tv series in general. Dennis and I do enjoy sinking our teeth in and binging on something good. We’re now commencing with The Umbrella Academy. If you’ve seen it let me know what you think.
6. I have an English degree. Not sure it has massively shaped where I am in life much but I did thoroughly enjoy it and it definitely stoked an enthusiasm for reading, writing and short stories.
7. My favourite food is pizza. I genuinely could eat it daily and wouldn’t het bored. I really wish I could say something more obscure but I’d be lying.
8. When put on the spot my mind goes blank and all information just evaporates. This tends to be quite prominent when being asked my son’s birthday. I know how could I get it wrong!! But yet it has happened and been demonstrated a copious number times when booking appointments – especially when phoning the doctors. I know, bad parent moment!
9. My favourite chocolate is Cadburys whole nut.
10. I have 1 sibling, a younger sister. We are polar opposites and as children we couldn’t tolerate each other. Now we are both grown I can honestly say she is amazing! I now question why judgement as to why I didn’t like her back then.
Now it’s your turn. I want to know more about you – you can share as many things as you like. Go, go, go.